No one wants to deal with the inconvenience of body odor – and that’s why we have deodorant. Able to mask the unpleasant smell many of us tend to develop after a whole day of sweating, deodorants are something of a lifesaver when it comes to preserving your image and your confidence. Unfortunately, lots of deodorants on the market are unsuitable for sensitive skin, causing irritation and rashes.
If you’ve got sensitive skin, you probably already know the trouble of finding a worthy deodorant that will keep you smelling fresh without sacrificing the health of your skin. Fortunately, there are choices that won’t cause the same issues. Find out which ones are the very best deodorants for sensitive skin by reading through our complete guide and review.
[amazon box=”B001ECQ4SK,B01FBKM7WC,B0039YQ8P0,B01MTJR0JO,B01M7ZAQNN” template=”table”]
The Number One Best Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
[amazon box=”B001ECQ4SK” grid=”1″]
Dove is possibly the most popular brand when it comes to self-care products. As one of the main manufacturers of products like soap, lotion, and deodorant, the company has somewhat perfected the different formulations that cater to people of different skin types and preferences. Mostly, they’re best known for their mild formulations, allowing users to get all the benefits of the best skin care products minus the side effects and irritation.
On our list of the best deodorants for sensitive skin, Dove comes in on the top spot with their classic Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. This gentle formulation was specifically created for individuals with sensitive skin types, but still works as a highly effective solution against sweat and odor.
The antiperspirant deodorant works two ways – preventing too much sweat production to avoid sweat stains, and preventing the development of foul odors caused by sweat, germs, and bacteria. Despite being a highly effective formulation, the Dove Anti Perspirant Deodorant has a very mild scent that makes it a favorite among users who are particularly avoidant of products that give off too strong a smell.
This also works to the advantage of users, as the lack of a fragrance guarantees that body odor won’t mix with the scent of the product, which happens all too often with formulations that try hard to mask odors instead of control them.
Pros of the Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- Highly accessible, available through most grocery stores and online retailers so you won’t have trouble finding your next stick when you run out.
- Mild and gentle formulation works great with sensitive skin types to avoid irritation.
- No fragrance, so you can be sure the product controls odors instead of just trying to mask it with strong scents.
- Dries quickly, eliminating the chances of causing stains on your clothes.
- 24 hour protection gives you long lasting confidence that stays for the whole day.
Cons of the Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- Contains just a small amount of product per tube, so you may need to purchase more than one at any time.
Our Second Top Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
[amazon box=”B01FBKM7WC” grid=”1″]
Made from a blend of natural ingredients including tea tree, coconut oil, and shea butter, Schmidt’s Tea Tree Sensitive Skin Deodorant Stick promises to keep odors and sweating under control without the nasty side effects. The formulation is naturally mild and gentle, giving you just the right protection sans the usual harsh ingredients that many other deodorant sticks use.
The texture of the product is also very impressive. The soft, buttery consistency glides effortlessly on the skin, and it dries almost instantly so you don’t have to wait extended periods after application before you can wear your clothes. It’s also this impressive texture that allows the product to stay on for up to 24 hours, giving you reliable protection that truly lasts.
In terms of its scent, there are very few other products on the market that can offer the same, impressive, soft and mild fragrance that the Schmidt’s Deodorant Stick provides. The fragrance is very faint, however leaves a very pleasant scent that has impressed lots of its users. For that reason, it also works great as a daily perfume or cologne, allowing you to do without the extra products for a more natural, gentle, and mild scent that lasts the whole day.
Pros of the Schmidt’s Deodorant Tea Tree Sensitive Skin Deodorant Stick
- Made from a blend of all natural ingredients that promise little to no side effects in even the most sensitive skin types.
- Dries almost instantly so you can get ready faster minus the need to wait for the product to dry up on your skin.
- Lasts for up to 24 hours, giving you reliable protection that doesn’t need to be retouched over and over again.
- Fragrant scent lets you enjoy a mild and pleasing smell all day long, even allowing you to do without your usual perfume or cologne.
Cons of the Schmidt’s Deodorant Tea Tree Sensitive Skin Deodorant Stick
- A little on the pricier side of the cost spectrum, making it an impractical choice for some buyers.
The Third on Our List of the Best Deodorants for Sensitive Skin
[amazon box=”B0039YQ8P0″ grid=”1″]
Looking for a product that’s really cheap yet effective? Look no further – the Almay Sensitive Skin Clear Gel Anti-Perspirant Deodorant is one of the best deodorants for sensitive skin especially if you’re a buyer on a budget. These super affordable deodorant sticks are made from a blend of all-natural and very mild ingredients, making it an effective solution against sweat and odors, minus the risk of irritation.
The formulation was developed to provide you all day wetness protection minus the harsh ingredients. What makes it a great, reliable choice is that it’s been tested by dermatologists to be ideal for individuals with allergies. What’s more, it’s also 100% hypoallergenic, so you can be sure that it won’t trigger any allergic reactions or skin sensitivities when you use it.
Other reasons why buyers love the Almay formulation is the fact that it dries quickly, it smells very mild, and it offers a great all-day protection that truly lasts for up to 24 hours. So you can be sure that you’re getting a product that you can use confidently every day.
Pros of the Almay Sensitive Skin Clear Gel Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
- Effectively curbs odors and wetness for up to 24 hours so you can get all day protection that you can rely on.
- Mild scent that doesn’t irritate the senses, leaving you free to wear whatever perfume or cologne you want without disrupting its fragrance.
- Dermatologist tested so you can rely on its efficacy on sensitive skin.
- 100% hypoallergenic, preventing any sort of allergic reaction.
- Made from all-natural ingredients that are perfect for sensitive skin types.
- Super affordable, costing as little as 10% of the price of other more expensive choices.
Cons of the Almay Sensitive Skin Clear Gel Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
- Leaves a powdery texture and appearance after drying, which may not work so well if you were hoping to wear a sleeveless attire.
Another Impressive Deodorant We Recommend
[amazon box=”B01MTJR0JO” grid=”1″]
Applied directly to the pits like a balm, the Carolina Soap Works 100% Natural Deodorant is as natural and organic as it gets. This particular deodorant contains ingredients like shea butter, baking soda, bentonite clay, coconut oil, and arrowroot powder which give it its ability to keep odors and sweat at bay for extended hours. The formulation also has a very mild scent, thanks to the essential oils that are tossed into the mix.
Unlike other deodorants, the Carolina Soap Works 100% Natural Deodorant is applied onto the skin like a paste or balm. Simply take a small amount in your hand and rub over the armpit to give yourself long lasting protection against wetness and odors. The formulation dries up pretty quickly and promises to make it a lot easier for you to get dressed without having to worry about the deodorant leaving stains on your clothes.
There are two problems with the Carolina Soap Works 100% Natural Deodorant though. The first is that it tends to change consistency depending on the temperature it’s stored in. For instance, the deodorant tends to melt and become a liquid when kept in hot temperatures, and it solidifies in colder temperatures. The second is that it can cause some irritation in individuals who are particularly sensitive.
Pros of the Carolina Soap Works 100% Natural Deodorant
- All natural, made from a blend of ingredients that have been found to be very ideal for sensitive skin.
- Mild scent doesn’t interfere with other fragrances you might use in your day to day.
- Provides long lasting protection against wetness and odors so you can stay confident all day long.
- Quick drying formulation makes it easier for you to get ready faster so you don’t need to wait for the deo to dry up before you get dressed.
Cons of the Carolina Soap Works 100% Natural Deodorant
- Tends to change its consistency depending on the temperature.
- Application can be a hassle for some.
- Essential oils may cause some mild irritation in some users.
The Last Best Deodorant for People with Sensitive Skin
[amazon box=”B01M7ZAQNN” grid=”1″]
Made completely free of dyes, parabens, fragrances, preservatives, and a host of other ingredients that are known to cause irritation, the Vanicream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Sensitive Skin has become something of a go-to product for people who want reliable protection that won’t cause any skin problems.
The formulation boasts a combination of ingredients including aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex gly which works to prevent the production of sweat. This is one of the most common ingredients used in synthetic deodorant formulations, and is considered safe to use on a variety of skin types. The formulation also incorporates a number of other ingredients that give it a long shelf-life and impressive sweat prevention capabilities compared to other products in the list.
Of course, the only downside is that the product may still cause some irritation in certain users. As it doesn’t use an all natural formulation, those who have sensitivities against the main active ingredient can still experience irritation when using the product. So if you’ve experienced irritation with similar products in the past, it may be suitable to test the Vanicare Deodorant first to see how your skin reacts to it.
Pros of the Vanicream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- Made without any parabens, fragrances, and dyes, which are the most common reasons for irritation for individuals with sensitive skin types.
- Contains some of the most popular ingredients for anti-perspirant deodorants, making it a very reliable choice for those who experience significant sweating and odor production.
- Provides 24 hour protection against foul odors, allowing you to go about your day without worrying about the way you smell.
- Gluten and ethanol free, also containing zero botanical extracts that could cause irritation.
Cons of the Vanicream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- May still cause some irritation or side effects in some individuals who are particularly sensitive to synthetic formulations.
There are lots of great deodorants out on the market that promise to keep foul odors and sweating at bay. But because some of them can contain harsh chemicals and ingredients, there’s never a guarantee that they won’t cause the development of irritation, side effects, and even adverse reactions.
If you’re one of the millions who have problems with sensitive skin, make sure you’re buying a deodorant that won’t cause a flare up. These top 5 choices have been tried, tested, and trusted by thousands of buyers all over the globe, so you can be sure that when you use them, you get nothing short of the best treatment and care for your underarms.
So when you make that purchase, be sure to check out these 5 picks from our editors to help you find a suitable choice that will give you long lasting, all day protection, minus the side effects and irritation.