Struggling with oily skin? There are lots of reasons why our skin might become oily, from stress, to environmental factors, and even the makeup and products that we use on the daily. But whatever the reason causing your case of oily skin, the outcomes are always the same – shiny, unsightly skin that becomes a breeding ground for blemishes and pimples.
If you’re tired of having to pat your face free of oil every so often throughout the day, there are products you can use to help manage that problem. For instance, there are lots of great exfoliators on the market that promise to help tone down your oil production to give you clearer, healthier, more radiant looking skin. Wondering which of your options are the best exfoliators for oily skin? We’ve rounded up the best of the best to narrow down your choices and ease that search.
[amazon box=”B003SSTL42,B003YCN7B0,B01NH5P326,B000RU6Z4S,B008XL521A” template=”table”]
Our Top Pick as the Best Exfoliator for Oily Skin Types
[amazon box=”B003SSTL42″ grid=”1″]
Dubbed a “miraculous facial cleansing product”, the Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling Gel is one of the best exfoliators for oily skin, if not the very best there is. The product takes pride in its unique formulation that was designed and developed to reduce oil production and give you cleaner, clearer, fresher looking skin without overstepping your budget.
The gel works by removing dirt and dead skin cells to reveal healthier layers of skin underneath. It also controls oil production by soothing your pores and minimizing their size to reduce the amount of sebum they release over your skin. This leaves you with less productive sebaceous glands, allowing you to enjoy clean, smooth skin for extended hours throughout the day.
Another reason why the Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling Gel has become such a big hit among buyers is the fact that it doesn’t use any harsh chemicals. Boasting one of the mildest formulations on the market, this product promises to give you all the benefits you’re looking for without causing any side effects and adverse reactions that could put your skin in worse condition than when you started.
Pros of the Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling Gel
- Mild and gentle formulation promises to keep your skin healthy while targeting all the issues associated with oily skin.
- Minimizes the size of your pores to give you a long term solution against oily skin.
- Works wonders on the skin, improving appearance and making you look youthful and glowing on top of reducing the amount of oil your skin produces.
- Affordable despite being one of the most effective exfoliators for oily skin on the market.
- A little goes a long way – you can enjoy optimal benefits just by using the product at least twice a week.
Cons of the Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling Gel
- Leaves a slightly slippery feeling over the skin up to a few hours after rinsing.
The Second Best Exfoliator for People with Oily Skin
[amazon box=”B003YCN7B0″ grid=”1″]
As one of the most trusted facial care brands on the market, it’s no surprise how Neutrogena managed to rank so high on our list. Their Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Face Exfoliating Scrub is one of the most budget-friendly choices available, and works wonders to help manage an oily face.
The formula banks on its ability to exfoliate up to 85% of accumulated oil to give you clearer, fresher looking skin that lasts all day long. It also incorporates a unique rice protein that helps reduce oil production to maintain that smooth, matte finish for hours on end.
The reason why the Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Face Exfoliating Scrub has become such a popular choice is because it comes at a very affordable price without sacrificing results. The highly effective formulation is easy to use, mild, gentle, and reliable, so you can get that ideal matte texture and finish with a single, budget-friendly product that you can find virtually anywhere.
Pros of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Face Exfoliating Scrub
- Available throughout a wide array of retailers and sellers, so you don’t have to worry about searching for it when you run out of supply.
- Highly effective, able to exfoliate away accumulated oil to give you a cleaner fresher look instantly.
- Uses rice protein to help manage oil production all day long so you can enjoy longer lasting results with a single wash.
- Gentle and mild, promising not to cause any unwanted side effects or adverse reactions especially for people with sensitive skin.
- Very affordable, giving you top rated skin care results without putting too much of a dent in your pocket.
Cons of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Face Exfoliating Scrub
- Has a scent that might not be the most ideal for some users.
The Third of the Best of the Best Exfoliators for Oily Skin
[amazon box=”B01NH5P326″ grid=”1″]
Marketed as one of the most wholesome organic skin care products on the market, the Dunes Organic Almond Face Exfoliator is as natural as it gets. This product boasts a number of ethically sourced natural ingredients that make it one of the gentlest and mildest products you can find. So if you have particularly sensitive skin, then the Dunes Organic Face Exfoliator should be your first choice.
The product uses a combination of aloe, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil, organic lavender and bergamot, and jojoba beads to give you an all-natural solution against excessive oil production. It’s because of these ingredients that the product can cleanse away accumulated oil and regulate its production to give you a clean, matte finish that lasts for hours on end.
With its sweet, mild scent and its impressive results, there’s no reason not to buy yourself a tub of this effective facial exfoliator. But because it does strip away a lot of moisture, those who have combination skin types might experience a little dryness after use.
Pros of the Dunes Organic Almond Face Exfoliator
- All natural formulation is free of parabens, alcohol, GMOs, and synthetic fragrances, making it a great choice for people with sensitive skin types.
- Smells amazing, giving you a sweet, pleasant fragrance that lasts for the whole day.
- Incorporates a number of fresh, natural ingredients that make it an effective solution against excessive oil production.
- Doesn’t require too much product to give you the best results, allowing you to extend a single tub for months.
- Also works away blemishes and dark spots to give you better skin on the overall.
Cons of the Dunes Organic Almond Face Exfoliator
- Tends to strip away a lot of moisture so those with combination skin types might find their face a little too dry for comfort after using the product.
Our Fourth Recommendation for People with Oily Skin
[amazon box=”B000RU6Z4S” grid=”1″]
Are you in search of a great luxury exfoliator to wash that excess oil away? Look no further – the Skin Ceuticals Renew Overnight Oily Exfoliator was specifically designed for those who want a luxury skin care product that really gets the job done. Although coming at a pretty steep price point, the Skin Ceuticals scrub is a favorite among those who have a little extra to spend simply because it really does offer real results.
The product actually works as a moisturizer, but the combination of its ingredients makes it a great exfoliator as well. The formulation incorporates 10% hydroxy acid which aims to clear away dirt, oil, and grime, giving you a cleaner, fresher look that’s shine-free. It also works to minimize the size of the pores to help reduce the amount of oil your skin produces as you go about your day.
Of course, while it is a really great product, there are some downsides to this release from Skin Ceuticals. Firstly, the cream needs to be used daily for it to produce the desired results. This can mean that you’ll finish up an entire tub in just a week’s time, depending on how much product you apply. Secondly, it’s not exactly cheap. So at over 50 dollars per tub, you might find yourself spending an unreasonable amount on the product way too often.
Pros of the Skin Ceuticals Renew Overnight Oily Moisturizer
- Mild and gentle formulation doesn’t leave any fragrance or scent on the skin, ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Moisturizes the skin as well as reduces oil, so you won’t have to worry about your face drying out after each use.
- Works as an overnight solution that’s ideal if you don’t want to extend your morning skin care routine.
- Minimizes the size of your pores to help reduce oil production all day long.
- Leaves the skin feeling fresh, smooth, and luxuriously soft – fitting of the price that the product comes at.
Cons of the Skin Ceuticals Renew Overnight Oily Moisturizer
- Requires daily use, so you might finish up a tub sooner than you prefer.
- Costs quite a hefty price, making it impractical for most buyers.
The Last Pick on Our List of Exfoliators
[amazon box=”B008XL521A” grid=”1″]
The last on our list of the best exfoliators for oily skin is the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator. This purifying cleanser works to exfoliate your skin deeply to give you a radiant glow that lasts. It also helps to work away deep seated dirt and blemishes to give way to clearer, healthier, and younger looking skin.
The formulation is gentle and mild, with very little fragrance and to prevent the chances of side effects and adverse reactions. It also boasts a completely hypoallergenic blend of ingredients that make it the perfect choice for people with sensitive skin types.
Another reason why the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator is such a great choice is because it also works to improve the texture and integrity of the skin. With its unique blend of ingredients, this product enhances suppleness and firmness to tighten your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. So for that reason, it has also become a common choice for those who want the benefits of anti-aging along with oil reduction.
So, why didn’t the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator rank any higher on our list? The product comes in a very small tube but costs a pretty steep price. So it might not be the most practical choice if you’re in search of something that will make the most of your budget.
Pros of the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator
- Deeply cleanses the skin to remove deep seated dirt and blemishes for a fairer, smoother complexion.
- Helps improve skin tightness to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eliminates excess oil and keeps your skin matte and fresh for the whole day without the need for touch ups.
- Hypoallergenic formulation promises to reduce the risk of side effects and adverse reactions, especially for people with sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t leave a strong scent or fragrance to minimize the risk of irritation.
Cons of the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator
- Contains only small portions per tube.
- Costly, so it might not be a practical choice if you find yourself constantly having to repurchase after finishing a bottle.
Oily skin can be a major problem that takes away from your everyday look and confidence. But that doesn’t mean there’s nothing you can do to help improve the issue! With a reliable exfoliator for oily skin, you can say goodbye to that shine and give yourself soft, smooth, and clear skin that you can really be proud of.
Still on the hunt for the best exfoliator for oily skin? Make sure to check out our top 5 picks – you’d be sure to find the right one for your needs with these unbelievably effective products.