Trying to achieve a perfect, flawless, professional, Instagram-worthy makeup look? The first thing you need to do is make sure you’ve got the right tools in your arsenal to help you along the way. For any makeup enthusiast, one of the biggest investments is the humble [amazon link=”B00GNA9KKM” title=”eye shadow brush” /].
Eye makeup has to be one of the hardest aspects of makeup to perfect. So it’s important to make sure you’ve got only the best eyeshadow blending brush in your kit to help make the process of applying eye shadow easier and less clumsy. Sure, there are [amazon link=”eye shadow brush” title=”lots of different eye shadow brushes on the market” /], but they’re not all made equal. Find out which ones are definitely worth your purchase, and step up your makeup game with a brush you can be proud of with the help of our complete review.
[amazon box=”B00GNA9KKM,B003H9L0TQ,B01BKKQ7ZK,B01N1MKXEM,B002CL84FI” template=”table”]
The Very Best Eyeshadow Blending Brush
[amazon box=”B00GNA9KKM” grid=”1″]
First stepping into the market way back in 2007, EcoTools has since become a mainstay in the makeup industry. This trendy brand is best known for their makeup tools which are designed to help you enjoy easy and seamless makeup application while helping up the Earth. Each tool from EcoTools is completely cruelty-free and made from recycled materials. Plus, the packaging is also paperless, saving lots of trees in the process.
[amazon link=”B00GNA9KKM” title=”The Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set” /] from the brand is often considered the best eyeshadow blending brush on the market. The package includes two different brushes with two heads each, so you get more functionality and versatility out of a single purchase. The different heads are designed for blending, shading, defining, and smudging, so you can experiment with different strokes and application techniques to improve your skills.
In terms of texture, the brushes are impressively soft, gliding seamlessly over your lids to allow you to apply shadow with ease and precision. The brush shape is ideal, with dense bristles packed tightly to help you smoothen out shadow colors and blend different pigments to reduce harsh lines and contrast. Finally, the EcoTools brushes are also particularly durable, able to withstand daily wear and tear without showing signs of damage so you can use them on an everyday basis minus the risk of ruining your tools.
Pros of the EcoTools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set
- Made from 100% eco-friendly materials, so you don’t get that guilt feeling when you make a purchase.
- Soft, dense bristles pick up lots of product, allowing you to apply eye shadow with ease without having to re-dip your brush.
- Blends perfectly, smoothening out colors to give you perfect results with each use.
- Different brushes in one set, so you get more than just a blending brush, allowing you to expand your horizons with a single purchase.
- Can also be used as contour brushes, so you get more out of the tools.
Cons of the EcoTools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set
- The length of the brush can be awkward to work with.
Our Second Choice for the Best Eyeshadow Blending Brush
[amazon box=”B003H9L0TQ” grid=”1″]
Another popular makeup brand today is Maybelline. Leveraging easy to use products that help highlight natural beauty, [amazon link=”B003H9L0TQ” title=”Maybelline is affordable” /], accessible, and pretty user-friendly. This is why it has become one of the most sought after makeup brands in the world, with millions of adoring patrons and fans that use the products on a daily basis.
[amazon link=”B003H9L0TQ” title=”The New York Expert Tools Eyeshadow Brush” /] is one of the company’s best. Simple, streamlined, and super effective, the tool is a dream when it comes to eyeshadow blending. This is made possible by the brush’s soft natural bristles that are densely packed to give you a blending brush that perfectly smoothens out product to create soft, rich colors over your lids with ease.
The tapered edges of the brush bristles make it easier to work the brush head into smaller areas and creases. This helps create a flawless look and feel that’s continuous over the entire lid – even on the areas that aren’t necessarily the easiest to work with.
Compact, efficient, and durable, there’s very little you might complain about when it comes to the Maybelline New York Expert Tools Eyeshadow Brush. So if you’re looking for something that won’t disappoint, then this brush is definitely worth checking out.
Pros of the Maybelline New York Expert Tools Eyeshadow Brush
- Soft, natural bristles prevent irritation and friction against sensitive eyelids.
- Just the right length to prevent hand fatigue, and to make the brush compact and easy to store in any makeup kit.
- Dense fibers pick up and blend out product effortlessly, so you can make the most of each bit of eye shadow pigment.
- Tapered edges make it easier to use the brush over hard to reach areas of your lids like the creases and corners.
Cons of the Maybelline New York Expert Tools Eyeshadow Brush
- The ferrule might not be the most durable, so make sure to avoid applying pressure on the small metal portion to prevent damage.
An Eyeshadow Blending Brush for Budget Buyers
[amazon box=”B01BKKQ7ZK” grid=”1″]
Looking for [amazon link=”B01BKKQ7ZK” title=”the best eyeshadow blending brush for your budget” /]? The Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow Brush might just surprise you with its effective performance and unbelievably low cost. The ultra affordable brush retails for under one dollar which makes it a prime selection for those who really want to get a great brush at an wallet friendly cost.
Plus, Wet n Wild is no small-time brand. The company has been in the industry for years, and they’re products are anything but low-grade. So you can be sure that even if their eye shadow brush tends to cost just a miniscule fraction of other choices, you’re still getting a tool that you can be proud of.
The sleek, simple white bodied brush features an ergonomic handle design that makes it comfortable and easy to use, despite its short handle length. The brush bristles feature a two-tone color which makes it a lot easier to spot when it’s time for a cleaning. What’s more, the bristles are also made from soft synthetic fibers, making the tool easy on the face, which is particularly important for people with sensitive skin.
Gluten-free, vegan, and 100% cruelty-free, the Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow Brush is possibly one of the best choices, especially for those who tend to experience breakouts and blemishes with poor quality brushes.
Pros of the Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow Brush
- Small, short body is ergonomically designed so you can use it comfortably while still being compact.
- Two toned bristles make it easy to see when it’s time to clean your brush out.
- Dense bristles make blending a breeze, combining different pigments seamlessly and quickly.
- Ultra affordable, at just under one dollar! You can buy multiple pieces to have a supply of eyeshadow brushes when you find yourself needing one.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free, these brushes take your health and the welfare of animals into account to give you a guilt-free experience.
Cons of the Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow Brush
- Not necessarily the most durable brush there is, but at just under a dollar, that really doesn’t seem like an issue.
Our Fourth Eyeshadow Brush Recommendation
[amazon box=”B01N1MKXEM” grid=”1″]
Real Techniques has been around for quite some time, with their blending sponge being one of the best choices there are. But aside from their makeup sponge, the brand does have quite a number of other products in its roster, which are mostly made up of makeup and cosmetic tools.
Their best eyeshadow blending brush based on what we’ve found out is [amazon link=”B01N1MKXEM” title=”the Real Techniques Cruelty Free Eye Shade Plus Blend Brush” /]. The simple, white tool is sleek and simple, with a slightly flared out and tapered bristle head that makes it ideal for blending colors over the larger areas of your eyelids. What’s more, the bristles are secured to the handles via the use of extended ferrules which basically improves the overall durability of the brush compared to many other options.
The ergonomic handles are a dream to work with, reducing fatigue and giving you greater control over the brush. This is a great advantage for users who often find themselves spending more time with their eye shadow than any other aspect of their makeup look.
Finally, the brush also works well as a contour brush thanks to its custom cut, plush bristles that blend product perfectly over larger areas of skin. So for nose contour and similar purposes, it can work as a great tool.
Pros of the Real Techniques Cruelty-Free Eye Shade Plus Blend Brush
- Ultra soft bristles feel like a dream on the skin, so you can blend and buff out different products without irritating your skin.
- Elongated ferrules make the brushes more durable against fall-out and bristle damage.
- Works well as a contour brush, so you get more functionality out of a single brush.
- Ergonomic handle prevent fatigue especially for extended use.
Cons of the Real Techniques Cruelty-Free Eye Shade Plus Blend Brush
- It can be hard to assess when the bristles need to be cleaned because of their deep black color.
The Final Eyeshadow Blending Brush on Our List
[amazon box=”B002CL84FI” grid=”1″]
As one of the biggest budget makeup brands on the market, e.l.f. takes pride in its ability to provide consumers with affordable yet high quality finds that give nothing short of professional results. The brand manufactures everything makeup related – from tools to makeup products, giving them one of the most extensive product line-ups in the market to date.
[amazon link=”B002CL84FI” title=”The e.l.f. Eyeshadow brush” /] makes it on our list as one of the best eyeshadow blending brushes thanks to its simple, easy, and effective construction and design. The short bristles are perfect for blending pigment, preventing any of the product from falling out and causing wastage.
In terms of construction, the brush is very small. The lightweight build features a combination of plastic and metal that feels very slight in the hands. Of course, while this does make it pretty easy to carry around in a makeup kit or a purse, it also reduces the durability of the brush. Lastly, it’s worth mentioning that the color on the brush’s handle tends to peel and chip after some time. So if you are particularly keen on the aesthetic of your tools, you better be careful when handling this particular eyeshadow brush.
Pros of the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush
- Short brush bristles are ideal for blending out pigment, preventing any powder from falling out so you don’t waste any product.
- Small body makes it easy to hold and easy to store.
- Fibers are particularly soft, allowing you to apply, blend, and buff out colors without worrying about skin irritation.
Cons of the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush
- Color on the brush body might chip off after some time, so it does lose its aesthetic appeal especially if it’s used oten.
- Bristles aren’t light colored, so figuring out whether they need to be cleaned isn’t as easy.
Your eye makeup will tell whether or not your overall look is a hit or miss, so don’t take any chances. If you want the best makeup look, you’ve got to make the right investments to get nothing short of the best outcomes with all of your efforts.
No doubt, dealing with eyeshadow can be tricky. But there are ways you can ease the process. By buying the right eyeshadow blending brush, you can make the most of each speck of pigment to give you professional results even with budget friendly, drug store products.
Find out which eye shadow brushes are really worth buying by taking note of our five top recommendations. Affordable and efficient, these brushes are guaranteed to help step up your game with total ease.