Want to achieve that dramatic makeup look? The key is almost always in the eyes. Aptly dubbed “the window to the soul”, your eyes are the most important aspect of your makeup look, deciding whether or not your entire effort was a hit or a miss. So it’s important that you pay close attention to the way you do your eyes for any makeup effort to get the best results.
Of course, one of the ways to make sure you achieve the perfect eye makeup look is by using only the best eyeshadow powders to bring a pop of life and color to your eyes. These palettes also help accentuate your eyes, helping them look rounder, bigger, and bolder for a more dramatic makeup look overall. While there are lots of eyeshadow palettes on the market, very few work well on people with dark skin. That’s because the colors of these palettes aren’t often pigmented enough to make a mark on darker bases.
If you’re struggling to find the best of the best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin – don’t worry. Here we’ve put together a list of the 5 best choices so you don’t have to spend too much time on your search.
[amazon box=”B00PGQYEUK,B01CNZMMVO,B075C9H9HY,B01N7VVMKF,” template=”table”]
The Very Best Eyeshadow Palette for Dark Skinned Users
[amazon box=”B00PGQYEUK” grid=”1″]
If you’re in search of the best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin, then it’s possible you’ve already come across the L.A. Girl brand. The company is one of the biggest cosmetic brands in the market today, and boasts a line of products that promise to give you the most stunning pigment you’ve ever seen. That’s why the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes have become a top choice among darker buyers who want to make sure their eye makeup pops.
The palette features a beautiful blend of nude colors that range from pristine pearly whites, to blushing pinks and nudes, to darker browns and grays. all together, the palette gives you a complete and diverse collection of colors that promise to help you achieve almost any look.
Now, there are lots of nude palettes that feature a similar set of colors. So what is it about the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes that makes it our top pick? The palette features a formulation that promises stunning pigment and vivid color in just one swipe. The powders can be particularly vibrant, so they show effortlessly on darker skin tones without you having to go back and forth with layers just to make the color stand out.
Pros of the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes
- Super affordable, at just under 5 dollars per set. This makes it a practical and reasonable choice if you’re a makeup junkie on a budget.
- Impressive pigment shines through with little application, so you can achieve the ideal look without having to go back and forth with your eyeshadow brush.
- Beautifully soft and smokey colors let you try different looks with a single palette.
- Long lasting formulation won’t smudge or budge even after hours.
- Comes with its own double sided brush so you can apply product without having to buy a separate brush.
Cons of the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes
- Shimmer colors require a wet brush to make the most after each application.
The Second Most Popular Eyeshadow Palette for Dark Skin
[amazon box=”B01CNZMMVO” grid=”1″]
Coming in at second place on our list of the best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin users is the Lamora Au Naturel Pro Eyeshadow Makeup Palette. This collection of 16 different eyeshadow powder colors combines nudes and vibrant mints, blues, and pinks to give you a versatile palette that can help you achieve virtually any look you may think to create.
The palette boasts a luxuriously buttery consistency across its shimmer and matte colors, making them extremely easy to apply over the lids. The soft and blendable hues are also very easy to mix together, so you can create a number of other shades by simply combining the buildable powders together.
In terms of pigment, the Lamora Au Naturel Pro Eyeshadow Makeup Palette doesn’t disappoint. The product boasts a rich formulation that glides on effortlessly, leaving vibrant color behind without the need for repeated application. The powders are also especially long lasting, letting you serve those killer looks for the whole day without the need for touch ups and reapplication.
The only downside we found to the Lamora Au Naturel Pro Eyeshadow Makeup Palette is that it tends to be a little on the pricier side. At double the cost of other eyeshadow palettes, it might be slightly impractical for buyers who want to maximize their money’s worth.
Pros of the Lamora Au Naturel Pro Eyeshadow Makeup Palette
- 16 beautiful blendable, buildable colors are easy to apply and easy to mix so you can get more colors with a single palette.
- Buttery powder consistency makes it incredibly easy on the skin, preventing irritation and side effects that harsh formulations and abrasive textures tend to cause.
- Shimmer and matte finish are both equally pigmented, leaving behind striking colors with little effort.
- Lots of product per color, so you don’t need to worry about running out of a particular shade.
- Colors are hand-picked to match darker skinned users, making it the perfect companion for dark skinned makeup enthusiasts.
Cons of the Lamora Au Naturel Pro Eyeshadow Makeup Palette
- A bit on the pricier side of the cost spectrum.
- Shadows tend to crumble a lot, causing lots of fallout which may affect the rest of your makeup.
Our Third Palette Recommendation
[amazon box=”B075C9H9HY” grid=”1″]
If you’re in search for something that will make a little more of a statement, then this palette from Beauty Glazed might just be perfect for you. The Ultra Pigmented Mineral Pressed Eyshadow Powder Palette from the brand is one of the most outlandish you’ll find on the market, but it does have some serious pigment and beautiful colors to offer.
The pressed mineral eyeshadow powders are all in a glitter formulation, giving you some fun colors to play with for a variety of party and dress-up looks. The shadows come in a variety of colors – from bright purples, to blues, deep oranges, and blinding whites – so you can create virtually any makeup look you might want to achieve.
The product is particularly ideal if you’re dark skinned because the glitter shades stand out beautifully against darker skin tones. The bright, beautiful colors look electric and bold against darker skin shades, and give a stunning contrast that makes them the ideal choice if you really want to make a statement.
Another reason why you may want to cop your own Beauty Glazed Ultra Pigmented Mineral Pressed Eyeshadow Powder is the fact that it comes at a very reasonable cost. At just under 10 dollars, the palette offers 16 vibrant shades that all boast the same, blendable, buildable, and buttery consistency that makes it a top pick among lots of buyers.
Pros of the Beauty Glzed Ultra Pigmented Mineral Pressed Eyeshadow Powder
- Glitter shades are bold and beautiful, making the palette ideal for daring looks for night time events and even costume makeup.
- Ultra pigmented formulation leaves stunning colors on your skin with a single swipe.
- Bright, bold color palette matches perfectly against darker skin tones, leaving a beautiful contrast that really makes a bold statement.
- Long lasting and smudge-proof – these shadows promise to stay the whole day without the need for touch ups.
- Comes at a very reasonable price, making it a steal considering the benefits that it offers.
Cons of the Beauty Glazed Ultra Pigmented Mineral Pressed Eyeshadow Palette
- May be messy to work with, causing the spread of glitter over your face and clothes.
- Has a rough and abrasive texture that can irritate individuals with sensitive skin types.
Another Great Pick for Dark Skinned Users
[amazon box=”B01N7VVMKF” grid=”1″]
Probably one of the most popular eyeshadow looks to date is the smoky eye. Creating a sultry, smoky, sexy, and mysterious appeal, this eyeshadow look is something that every makeup enthusiast should perfect in their lifetime. So what better way to practice your smoky eye game than with the Rimmeyl Magnifyeyes Eyeshadow Palette?
This particular palette was designed for the smoky eye, featuring 12 different shades that range from white, to nude, to deep rich brown, so you can achieve the perfect eyeshadow contour for that sultry look. It also features both matte and shimmer formulations, so you can experiment with different textures to achieve a more creative look.
What makes it one of the best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin is the fact that it covers a lot of the different skin tones despite having only 12 colors. So this enables users with darker skin tones to create a contrast with their complexion. The lighter colors are also highly pigmented, leaving stunningly vibrant shadow behind with each swipe. This is something that’s not common among eyeshadow formulations because lighter colors are often harder to apply.
Pros of the Rimmel Magnifyeyes Eyeshadow Palette
- 12 nude colors that allow users to practice and achieve the perfect smoky eye with little effort.
- Buttery consistency makes the powders very easy to apply over the lids, making the most of each dip you make into the pans.
- Combination of shimmers and mattes allow you to create looks with more depth and dimension.
- Highly blendable shadows make it possible for you to smoothen out colors to transition them more seamlessly into each other.
- One of the cheapest choices on the list, so budget buyers – this one’s for you!
Cons of the Rimmel Magnifyeyes Eyeshadow Palette
- The shadows tend to crumble and break easily, so be careful when you use and store them.
Last on Our List of the Best Eyeshadow Palettes for Dark Skin
[amazon box=”B01DQT9Y30″ grid=”1″]
If you want an eyeshadow palette that can help you serve those smoking hot looks and fit easily in your pocket at the same time, then the TF-Duan Glitter Eyeshadow Palette might just be what you’re looking for. This palette of 6 different glitter shades is a favorite among buyers with darker skin tones because of its rich brown color scheme that combines beautifully with darker complexions.
The glitter palette features dark browns, mochas, and bronze colors that are perfect for darker skinned users. With the inclusion of a white glitter color, the palette becomes a great choice if you want to be able to achieve more dramatic looks that don’t stray too far from your natural skin tone.
In terms of texture and staying power, the TF-Duan Glitter Eyeshadow Palette doesn’t disappoint. The buttery glitter colors are especially long lasting, and they feel great on the skin despite having lots of glitter in their formulation. This is something that isn’t really easy to find, especially when it comes to glitter eyeshadow palettes.
So, why didn’t the TF-Duan Glitter Eyeshadow Palette come in at a higher rank on our list of the best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin? At over 10 dollars per set, the palette only offers 6 different colors. Of course, it does apply well and the texture is impressive, but at the end of the day, you can get a palette with up to 3 times the number of shades for the same price.
Pros of the TF-Duan Glitter Eyeshadow Palette
- Beautiful colors make it the perfect companion for buyers who have darker skin tones.
- Glitter leaves a bold and bright appearance on the skin, but doesn’t have the harsh abrasive texture that other glitter palettes tend to have.
- Blendable and buildable, allowing you to experiment with colors for more outcomes.
- Easy to carry around as a travel palette – fits perfectly in your pocket or purse for portable use.
Cons of the TF-Duan Glitter Eyeshadow Palette
- Might be a little messy to use, causing glitter to spread on your face if not applied carefully enough.
- Shadows might not have the same amount of glitter as you work towards the bottom of the pan.
You don’t need to have light, fair complexion to get the best of eyeshadows. Make sure to try these 5 top rated eyeshadow palettes for darker skinned makeup enthusiasts so you can achieve those bold beautiful looks with colors and pigments that really shine through no matter how deep your skin tone might be.