Coming in virtually every shade imaginable, lipsticks can add a pop of color and life to any makeup look. But because we have different skin tones, not all lipstick colors will match our complexion. For instance, Indian skin can be particularly difficult to find lipstick for because they fall right between dark and light, making it a confusing middle ground that’s hard to match.
If you’ve got that beautiful golden skin tone and you’re struggling to find the perfect lipstick shade for your complexion – we’ve got you covered. This list of the 5 best lipstick colors for Indian skin should land you a solid choice in no time at all.
[amazon box=”B01EUPD4H6,B00XARA1P4,B007APXYN8,B00IZAW2IU” template=”table”]
The Ultimate Lipstick for Indian Skin
[amazon box=”B01EUPD4H6″ grid=”1″]
Our top pick for this list of the best lipstick colors for Indian skin comes from one of the best brands in the industry – Revlon. Their Super Lustrous Lipstick has become a mainstay in lots of makeup kits for both amateurs and artists who want nothing short of the best lipstick formulations. For our list, the first color in the series – Nude Attitude – is definitely a solid pick if you’re in search of something that will match your Indian skin tone.
The soft rose tinted nude compliments medium skin tones beautifully, and adds a pop of life and sophistication to any makeup look. The soft nude is also perfect for everyday use, making it a popular choice for buyers who want a lipstick that doesn’t look too bold or daring for those casual looks.
Aside from being just the right color for Indian skin tones, there are other reasons why you might want to invest in the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick. First, the lipstick boasts one of the most comfortable textures on the market.
The ultra smooth and lightweight lipstick glides effortlessly on the lips and doesn’t crack even after having been on for hours. Second, the formulation also incorporates a number of ingredients that moisturize the lips so you can steer clear of chapped or dried lips after having the lipstick on for several hours.
Pros of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
- Beautiful soft rose nude compliments Indian skin to give a sophisticated look that suits every occasion.
- Soft, buttery consistency makes sure that the lipstick goes on seamlessly with every swipe.
- Infused with vitamins that nourish and moisturize the lips to prevent chapping and dryness.
- Lightweight and comfortable, allowing you to keep the lipstick on the whole day sans the uneasy feeling of resistance on your lips.
- Vibrant color stays on all day and creates beautiful contrast against warm skin tones.
Cons of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
- Might be streaky during the first few swipes requiring extra application on top of the first layer.
Our Second Best Lipstick Choice for Indians
[amazon box=”B00XARA1P4″ grid=”1″]
Stila is yet another popular makeup brand that has come out with a number of great products for a variety of skin types. Of course, their lipstick line-up is just as extensive, offering countless colors that match any complexion for a seamless and beautiful look all over. For Indian skin tones, their best lipstick shade has to be Rosa from the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick line.
The color is a soft rose nude that creates a slight tinge of pink on the lips and minimal contrast against warm tones. This makes it a very natural looking color on Indian skin which is ideal if you’re looking for something you can use on the daily. Nonetheless, the color is noticeable and delicate, making it a great pick if you’re in search for something a little more casual.
In terms of the formula, Stila has won over our hearts. The liquid formulation is smooth and creamy, applying effortlessly on to the lips. When it comes to pigment, a little of the product goes a long way. The formulation leaves behind vibrant and opaque color with each swipe, so there really is no need to add layer over layer just to have the colors show. Finally, the formulation does last a substantial amount of time without the need for reapplication. Of course, that’s where the product gets its name – from being a reliable lipstick option that stay on all day.
Pros of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Rosa
- Beautiful soft rose tinged nude color is ideal for everyday makeup and the ever popular no-makeup-makeup look.
- Creamy formulation is easy to apply, reducing the clumsiness that often accompanies the use of liquid lipsticks.
- Rich pigment leaves behind opaque colors with a single swipe – no need to reapply multiple layers!
- Lots of lipstick in a single tube, so it will take a while before it runs out.
Cons of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Rosa
- The applicator wand that comes with the lipstick might not be the easiest to use.
Another of the Best Lipstick Colors for Indian Skin
[amazon box=”B01GH03YT0″ grid=”1″]
Another great pick for those who want the best lipstick for people with warmer skin tones comes from Rimmel. Their Lasting Finish Lip by Kate is one of their best lipstick formulations to date. Coming in a variety of shades, we’ve found that the Shade #40 is the ideal pick if you want to compliment your Indian skin tone.
The lipstick boasts a soft, smooth, and lightweight feel that keeps you from feeling uneasy while the product is on. The buttery stick of pigment glides smoothly over the lips with each use, so you can avoid the clumsy process of lipstick application that usually happens with grainy formulations. Plus, the lipstick has also been formulated to soothe the lips and keep them healthy, so your lips are kept pretty and plump even when you wear the lipstick the whole day.
In terms of the color, the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip by Kate works around a different angle compared to other choices on our list. The main distinction is that the product’s colors are barely there. That is, they won’t leave a strong and vibrant pigment and will instead give you a light tint that stays all day long. This can make a great choice if you don’t want to add any harsh or bright colors to your daily makeup look.
Pros of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip by Kate in Shade 40
- Soft creamy consistency makes it very easy to apply, allowing you to glide the stick seamlessly over your lips for effortless application.
- Keeps your lips healthy, soft, and supple while the product is on.
- Impressive lasting power prevents the need for reapplication throughout the day.
- Barely there appearance is perfect for just highlighting your natural beauty without overpowering your features with a harsh lip color.
Cons of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip by Kate in Shade 40
- Dull finish somewhere between a matte and a shiny lip which may not appeal to some users.
Number Four on Our List of the Best Lipsticks for Indian Skin
[amazon box=”B007APXYN8″ grid=”1″]
For warm skinned users, e.l.f. has this to offer – the Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude. This jumbo lip pencil is a mainstay in lots of different makeup kits because it provides beautiful color, impressive lasting power, and superior ease of application that very few other lipsticks can offer. Plus, it comes at a very reasonable price so if you’re buying your new lipstick on a budget, this one might just be the ideal choice for your needs.
e.l.f. is no small time brand, so there’s a lot to expect out of this budget lipstick. In terms of color, the Nearly Nude shade is perfect for warm skin tones, offering a hint of old rose which definitely highlights and compliments the complexion of Indian users. The lipstick is slightly darker than other nude tones on the list, so it can be used as a night time shade for parties and events.
Formulation wise, e.l.f.’s Matte Lip Color doesn’t lag behind other choices. The jumbo lip pencil is creamy and easy to apply, requiring zero sharpening so you can use the pencil anytime, anywhere, without worrying about maintenance. Some other reasons why it makes such a great choice is the fact that it’s also a lot easier to apply compared to other lipsticks because it features a smaller width. This means you can practice precision application without coloring beyond the border of the lips.
Pros of the e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude
- Nude color with a hint of old rose gives it a slightly darker nude tone compared to other lipsticks. This makes it great for night time events and parties.
- Works well as a daytime lippie as well, so you can transition easily from work to play without having to change your makeup.
- Lasts long, allowing you to forgo the need for extra applications throughout the day.
- Jumbo pencil packaging makes it easier to apply, giving you more length to work with so you can practice precision application.
- Creamy texture glides on the lips effortlessly for a comfortable wear all day long.
- Incredibly budget friendly, so you can repurchase over and over without worrying about the cost.
Cons of the e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude
- You may need extra layers of lipstick to achieve the right color opacity.
The Last Recommendation for Indian Skin Tones
[amazon box=”B00IZAW2IU” grid=”1″]
These days, it’s almost impossible to write up a round-up of the best makeup choices without having a Maybelline product somewhere in the mix. With this list, that remains to be true. As one of the biggest cosmetic juggernauts in the market today, it can be hard to deny that Maybelline is one of the best brands when it comes to lipsticks. They’re best known for their creamy mattes which are comfortable on the lips and long lasting to boot. For our list, we’ve chosen their Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Bare All as the best choice if you’re buying for a warmer skin tone.
The ultra buttery formulation is one of the smoothest choices you’ll find. When it comes to ease of application, very few others can compare to the Color Sensational line-up, as the brand has somehow perfected the ideal texture to make application and wear both comfortable and effortless.
In terms of color, the Bare All shade is a beautiful nude with a tinge of pink. Despite being so delicate at a glance though, the color tends to show superb vibrancy when applied on the skin. The crisp color shines through with impressive pigment, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of this beautiful nude shade without the need for multiple layers of product.
Why didn’t it rank any higher on our list, you might ask? Affordable, beautiful, comfortable, and long lasting, the only reason why this product didn’t manage to snag a higher spot on our round-up is because it does tend to dry out the lips severely. So if you’ve got particularly sensitive lips, it might be inevitable to remove, moisturize, and then reapply the product some time throughout your day.
Pros of the Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Bare All
- Very pretty nude plus pink shade makes it the perfect pick for everyday makeup.
- Impressive pigment, leaving superb color with just one swipe.
- Creamy and buttery consistency makes it a dream to apply.
- Affordable, allowing you to repurchase without having to think about the price.
Cons of the Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Bare All
- Tends to dry the lips out severely, so it might not work best for some users who have particularly sensitive lips.
It might be hard to find the perfect shade of lipstick if you’ve got a warmer skin tone, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Achieve the ideal look with your makeup efforts by equipping your arsenal with the right shade for your beautiful Indian skin. These 5 top picks are sure to suit your complexion seamlessly, so make sure to check them out during your search.